Dec 16, 2020
Struggling with weight loss for the longest time? Overwhelmed
with a lot of programs out there? Confused because you felt like
nothing really works for you? You’re not alone. Listen up as Angela
Pryor talks about her struggles in her weight loss journey and how
she came about losing 80 pounds with God’s help, just accepting him
into her life and acknowledging his agenda.
Angie is a reader of I Deserve a Donut (And Other Lies That Make
You Eat): A Christian Weight Loss Resource book. She renewed her
mind with the questions she found in the book and by meditation.
She has been on the weight loss journey since she was 12 and found
herself struggling with every weight loss program that she tried
until she finally found Bright Lines Eating and accepted it as
God’s gift. She shares how meditation with scriptures helped her
follow her boundaries.
Things We Talked About:
- Is Angie still following the Bright Lines Eating
- Angie talks about her struggles with insecurities and
overeating in her weight loss journey
- How Bright Lines Eating not only helped Angie with her weight
loss but also with her lung disease
- What Angie does if she broke her boundaries especially at the
beginning of the program
- How having a goal to renew the mind changed the way Angie
thought about food
- Making the commitment to renew, not just following
- Ways Angie renewed her mind
- How often did Angie renew her mind then and now to follow her
- What does God want to teach Angie with her experience?
- How God showed Angie his love during her experience
- Angie on loving herself
- Angie’s advice to someone struggling with weight loss
“Only the Word of God sets free, not boundaries.”
“Whatever God gives you to seek him, that’s the way you
would have to renew your mind.” - Angie
“Meditation on God’s Word replaces those thoughts that come
from the enemy”- Angie
Resources We Talked About on the Podcast:
How to Listen to the Podcast:
Click here to subscribe or listen on Stitcher.
- Apple Podcasts: Click here
to subscribe or listen on Apple Podcasts. (If you haven’t
subscribed to the podcast on Apple, this can sometimes take a few
hours to update.)
- Google Play:
Click here to subscribe or listen on Google Play.
- Android: Click
here to subscribe or listen on Android.
- Spotify: Click
here to subscribe or listen on Spotify.
- Amazon Alexa: To listen on Amazon Alexa, say,
“Alexa, play the Taste for Truth Podcast.”