May 5, 2020
Do you ever feel like you have to be skinny? Do you obsess over
what boundaries to choose? Do often find yourself with too many
boundaries? If so, this podcast will help. Anne and I will be
talking about how to let go of weight loss obsession.
Things We Talked About:
- How to let go of the idol of skinny
- The dangers of seeing ourselves as “skinny”
- The dangers of seeing ourselves as “fat”
- Why we need to stop seeing ourselves as one-dimensional
- A helpful way to see ourselves
- How obsession with weight loss (the skinny idol) keeps us from
- Why it’s necessary to let go of weight loss obsession if you
want to stop bingeing
- How junior high and high school is different than the rest of
life (and why we need to start believing that!)
- The value of truth journaling through the past
Lies We Talked About:
- I need to be skinny to be acceptable.
- If I’m not skinny, I’ll lose my friends. (One thing I forgot to
mention on the podcast is this: If our friends will only like us if
we’re skinny, how valuable is their friendship?)
- If I’m not skinny, people won’t like me.
Resources We Talked About:
How to Listen to the Podcast:
- Apple Podcasts: Click
here to subscribe or listen on Apple Podcasts
- Google Play:
Click here to subscribe or listen on Google Play
Click here to subscribe or listen on Stitcher.
- Android: Click
here to subscribe or listen on Android.
- Spotify: Click
here to subscribe or listen on Spotify.
- Amazon Alexa: To listen on Amazon Alexa, say,
“Alexa, play the Taste for Truth Podcast.” (Please let me know if
this doesn’t work. I’m not sure if you have to be subscribed to the
podcast to get “her” to play it.)